Having successfully stabilized several civilians and cleared the area of Troglodytes and Krenshar, the PC’s are ordered back to Barracks C. When they get to Barracks C they see it being turned into an emergency triage. Mrak sees them and has them go back out to their patrol route in order to keep the peace. While patrolling, they interrupt a burglary in progress and proceed to chase down and capture the three elves who were robbing Barlowe’s store. The next morning the PC’s find that Ishmael is missing from Lloyd and Wanda. Desperate to find him, they track him down to a sewage grate where Ishmael is lying dead on top of a Doppelganger. After a brief fight with some scavenging Chokers they take Ishmael to a cleric who has pity on him and raises him from the dead. He tells the PCs that the Doppelganger appeared as a girl he fancied and led him to the sewage grate. A struggle occurred and he stabbed ‘her’ dead, only to be killed shortly thereafter by a Choker. The PC’s are told to deliver the letters that Ishmael didn’t after their shift. During the shift they encounter three people who have captured a troglodyte and are torturing it for killing Jim Bower’s son. The PC’s take the troglodyte to the authorities for official interrogation, much to the chagrin of Jim Bower. After their shift the PC’s climb The Great Stairway to deliver the letters, which explode right after their second delivery, seemingly killing both recipients.
- Jim Bower (Unfriendly): Found torturing a troglodyte for killing his son. Hates the PC’s for convincing him to give the troglodyte to them.
- Iellwen Tannaril (Indifferent): Elf or half-elf babe blowed up
- The Great Stairway: A huge stairway built to access the upper district of Kingsport – NOTE: With the change of map for Kingsport from Magnimar to Absalom, this section inexplicably vanishes (like the Narrows from Batman Begins that were never again referenced in TDK or TDKR)
- The Sewage Grate: The location Ishmael is killed in, also PC’s heard strange noises from further down the area
- Jim Bower’s House: A moderately nice house down from the docks where the PC’s find a tortured troglodyte